Wanted: Veterinary Technician/Assistant/Client Service Representative
Ridge Animal Clinic is a busy, progressive 2.5 doctor small animal practice located in Lansing IL. We are looking for an experienced, reliable, self-motivated part time technician (can go to full time) to join our friendly, team-oriented practice. Must have open availability to work weekends and some holidays. With opportunities for growth, job duties include:
- In/Out Patient Medical Care – administering medication, placing IV catheters, venipuncture, cystocentesis, administer fluids, prepare vaccines, restraint, laser therapy, cleaning, feeding, and walking patients/boarders.
- Anesthesia/Surgery – patient induction, prep, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery. Perform dental prophylaxis, surgical room prep, clean/autoclave surgical instruments, maintain equipment.
- Ultrasound – preparing for exam, restraint, transferring US to CR system, general maintenance.
- Radiology – prepare digital x-ray system, restraint, processing radiograph
- Laboratory – proficient with IDEXX Vetlab station (catalyst, lasercyte, snap Dx reader), collecting, running/preparing proper samples for tests, recording results, in-house urinalysis, ear cytology, fecals.
- Client Communication – initial exams, give patient updates, surgical call backs/follow up, obtain and record patient histories, answer phone, make appointments, take messages, add tests and recording results.
- Assist with Inventory Control – unpacking, stocking drug and medical supplies.
We are located at 3667 Ridge Road, Lansing IL (south suburb of Chicago near the Indiana boarder) close to I-80/294. Please e-mail or fax your resume to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: (708) 474-2870 | ATTN: Dr. Katsalis